We are proud to announce our successful application for a grant from the Co-operative Community Investment Foundation.
After careful consideration from the Co-Op, we were finally accepted as having fulfilled all the criteria requested including:
- Carrying out positive work in the community
- Organising projects which address community issues
- Providing good long-term benefits to the community
- Supporting co-operative values and principles
- Being innovative in our approach.
The deciding factor for them was that the funds would support more than just the local Buddhist community but enable us to serve the wider community as well.
The cheque was presented to us before our Wednesday meditation session on 23rd May and the Co-Op team; Lynne, Michael and Catherine stayed to join the session, which they thoroughly enjoyed as it was a new experience for all of them.
Well done to those involved in securing such a valued token and our heartfelt thanks go out to the Co-Op team, I’m sure you’ll all agree.
To view photos, please click here for the gallery.